Friday, November 16, 2007

Small rays of light in an otherwise crappy week

Good news of the week

I got an invitation to submit a paper for a special volume of high profile journal in my sub field based on a talk I gave earlier this fall

A student contacted me asking if I would be her advisor for her Master's as she'd heard from a friend what an excellent teacher I was (Ha, those are the moments that makes it all worth it)

Misbehaving senior colleague closed the discussion* with the words "I see now that you do, indeed, have some experience with "our shared field" (I guess this can be consider a success under the circumstances).

*The discussion ended up in a series of emails in which we did eventually find some common ground and he did sort of explain his point of view. Despite the seriously peculiar start, I have the feeling that we will probably be able to do some good work together, eventually.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

Yay!! Congratulations on all fronts. It is the little things, after all, that make it all worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home