Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So what's new around here

I've gotten married. A couple of weeks ago, at a beautiful ceremony in the town where we live . We couldn't have done it a better place and got to share a small piece of our life here to family and friends from home. After weeks of downpour we got clear fall skies for part of the day and light wind and drizzling for dramatic effect during our photo session. We got to gather family and friends, who otherwise never meet, for a few days and see them have a good time together, and to meet all of them at the same time. With being perpetually on the move keeping a social life together is always an issue, and seeing friends and family together is an extraordinary event. I cherished the time before and after the wedding we were able to spend with our families and to see how much they enjoyed sharing the day with us. Much of this wedding was planned last minute and on the phone from far-off places and yet I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day. Afterwards, I've had People ask me if being married makes a difference, and yes, I think it does.

I am maybe on the job market. It's all a good thing, I think, but also strangely unsettling. Deep down I don't really like change. You will get to hear more about this one way or the other, but for now I can't say much.

I'm home. For the first time in months I am not only here as a short stopover to do laundry and repack my bags, but I'm actually going to stay here - uninterrupted- for weeks on end.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

congratulations!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger post-doc said...

That's lovely - congratulations! I wish you both every happiness.

In somewhat less happy news, I'm also hoping you have excellent luck in your job search. I'm tentatively starting myself and so far am not enjoying it tremendously.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger ScienceWoman said...

Congratulations and good luck!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a lovely wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home