Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A lot to do right now

Several things have happened over the past couple of days:

Yesterday I was asked if I want to take on a quite demanding, but prestigious, administrative post in the department. I haven't decided on this one yet. It came out of the blue and I am as surprised as flattered. I am going to talk more about this in a separate post soon.

Today I have submitted the small research grant proposal for an independent project

This week I have a project meeting with my collaborators to revise an accepted-with-revisions major research proposal and after I responded quite harshly to an initial idea of cutting most of my interests out of the proposal, I have been bumped up to co-PI. It really does help to speak up. This also ties in with some professional experiences I have had lately which I want to talk more about in a separate post.

Today was the last day of class on the first course I have developed on my own, and I think it has gone really well. Another topic I have some thoughts on and want to write more about soon.

But right now I am busy with the project meeting and the revising and have to keep going






Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger ScienceWoman said...

I like your workspace photo - it looks like a cheerful and productive space. Is your space at home or at work?

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger saxifraga said...

Thanks. It's at work. I don't get to work much from home anymore, but I miss that a lot. That was one thing I liked about grad school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home