Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Saxifraga's happy when she's been working

I was planning to return later today to write some more about my work and what I do with my days inspired by this post by Propter Doc and the "what does post docs do" discussion. When I wrote this post the other day I was so fed up with comments describing post docs as a sort of second class citizens, but I really want to compose a post that reflects a little better what my job as a scientist contains. Being in a non-lab natural science I often feel the the descriptions coming from the labrats does not reflect my work particularly well.

Anyway, that will have to wait until tomorrow, because it's already late and I want to go home and have dinner and curl up on the sofa and read something fun and eat something unhealthy.... (I have been super good for three weeks in a row and eaten only healthy foods, but time is up now - I'm craving an off day I think). I have been working away on the research proposal that is due on Wednesday and it is almost done! Well, maybe not completely, but I have sent a "semi-final" draft of both the actual proposal and the budget off to my collaborators for last minute comments. Tomorrow I need to polish my CV and check out how the online submit thingy works. Yay!

Today I really, really wish I had my laptop and could go home and watch a movie (or Season 2 of Gilmore Girls, which arrived in the mail today). Hopefully it will arrive on one of the next planes. I am getting too serious from all this reading at night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home