Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's not all work



Tonight I'm going out with Husband to celebrate the anniversary of the day we met. I was a grad students on a study abroad programme in the Arctic and mightily impressed with this guy who seemed to know everything worth knowing about how to navigate the dark and icy north. Our first dates were shaped by our somewhat unusual surroundings where dressing up for going out means multiple layers of fleece and wool and where it seemed perfectly natural to have a first date that consisted of an excursion to an old industrial installation on a mountain side. Sometimes I wonder how we were able to figure out that we would also be a good match in the more civilised parts of the world, but I am very glad we decided to give it a change through long-distance phone-calls and commuting across borders and chose to live with all the inconveniences of nomadic life until we were able to settle down together here. I cannot for the life of me imagine where I'd been, if it hadn't been for him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home