Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Time out

One of my main priorities this year is finding a better balance between life and work. In a way this goal is completely and utterly against every other goal I might have about being more productive, but I seriously need to take better care of myself and get a life in this city. One thing I have been doing lately is make exercise a priority. I am not an athletic type and though I like some kinds of exercise it typically ends up last on my to-do list and at the end of the day it's the first thing to go. Instead of pushing it in at the end of the day I have tried to listen more to myself this time around. I have picked three classes at the gym I think might be fun (not sure I will keep it up with all of them, but at least I have a choice then) and chosen evening schedules so I can get home to unwind and cook dinner before I'm heading out again. So far it's works. I have more energy, I cook more often, eat better and feel better in general. Today I took this one step further. As I have talked about before, the time registration system we have at work does not suit me at all. But it has one loophole that I might actually enjoy if I could just make myself use it. We can take a set amount of time out each day for exercise. I have never used it before, because as I've said I am pretty lazy, but today I did. I left the computer, the piles, the articles, the manuscripts, the phone and everything behind for half an hour and went for a walk with my camera in my pocket. Just a short walk around the neighborhood, but what a difference it made. Now if I can only convince myself to make this a priority.






Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Breena Ronan said...

I'm making time at the beginning of the day to exercise, but time at work sounds good too. I always feel so good after exercise, I try to focus on that.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good effort! I finally started making exercise a priority when I realized just how much better it made me feel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home