Saturday, March 01, 2008

How I spent the leap day

One would think receiving an extra day should be great. Who doesn't need more time? Whether using it for getting all the stuff done that needs to get done, or as Jo(e) suggests, leave it off the calender altogether and indulge in extra sleep and fun, extra time ought to be good.

Personally I'd be happy to wipe yesterday off the calender:

I spent all day in meetings (including this rather emotional one), while having a terrible shoulder ache that only got worse during the day. By the end of the day I was supposed to fix some tables for a poster a colleague is making, but could barely lift my arm to my desk and decided I'd better go home. My colleague suggested I should see a chiropractor for the shoulder, but they don't open until Monday (I will go then if the pain persists). On the way home someone crashed into my car while reversing in the parking lot. The damage will be covered by her insurance, but I will be the one who has to go to the mechanic and get it repaired, plus I got to stand for half an hour in a freezing cold parking lot to fill out an accident report for the insurance company. I did none of the research related tasks I had on my list for yesterday, got home at 7pm too tired to make proper dinner and fell asleep in front of the TV (which I was watching from a very strange angle given that I was lying down on the couch, but couldn't bend much because of the shoulder pain).

So on top of having a really crappy day yesterday it now looks like I can add a visit to the chiropractor and to the mechanic to my day on Monday. I really need someone to help me run my life. It seems that each time I have cleared up time for writing (or God forbid, for relaxation), I am inundated with other life-stuff, which must be attended to, and then I haven't even talked about another health appointment, online banking, cleaning the house, contacting the shipping company about possible dates for our move, the deadlines for next week and the social event I have agreed to attend.

Rant over. Let me just say that I hope today will treat me more kindly and that I'm totally ready for spring and a new month and a new beginning.

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Here's to hoping that today goes better!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Sorry to hear about your terrible day. Hope things have gone better since.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Wilhelm said...

Sorry 'bout leap day crapping out on you

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Amelie said...

ouch. I hope today is better!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Cath@VWXYNot? said...

That sucks... at least there's not another one for 4 years now. Hope March goes well for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home